Creating computer graphics is fun! It's also a useful skill in today's world. This course uses GIMP, the most powerful and popular FREE graphics software. The tools and concepts covered are common to virtually all graphics programs.
GIMP has many of the same features as Photoshop, but without the price tag! GIMP runs on Windows, Mac, Linux, and the Raspberry Pi..
The course is very hands-on. When a skill is demonstrated in the video, students are encouraged to pause the lesson and practice until they can perform the same operation.
The video course is $30 and may be used with your entire family. There is a comment page at the bottom of each video lesson for comments, suggestions, and basic questions.
Do not share the course link with others outside your family.
An optional Assignment Feedback addon allows you to receive additional support and feedback on the assignments. This option is available for purchase at any time after you sign up for the course. You'll receive written feedback regarding what was positive about the submission as well as suggestions for improvement. (This addon is purely optional, for those who would like additional help. If you'd prefer the video course alone, it is available at the base price of $30.)
Sample Student Projects
The suggested age range is 12 and up, however younger students with good computer skills, or who have help, may enjoy the course as well. And certainly, many adults will appreciate the gradual progression and detailed instructions.
** Now including a new section on the latest version of GIMP, 2.10, with its new themes, icons, and useful features!
What are the requirements?
- You should be able to operate a computer at a basic level, things like running programs and saving files.
- GIMP graphics software is required, but free. Video instructions are provided for download and installation.
- Sample graphics files are provided, however you may use your own images as well.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Use all the GIMP tools to create a variety of fun and useful graphics projects
- The skills acquired will make learning any other graphics software easier.
What is the target audience?
- Students 12 to 13 and up who desire to create computer graphics using the FREE software, GIMP
- Beginner adults who might be intimidated by a more rigorous approach to graphics software
Table of Contents
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do I have access to the course?
Forever! Once you've enrolled and paid, you'll have access to the course material for as long as you need. So devour it all in one weekend or take things slow. It's your choice!
What if I'm unhappy with my purchase?
Well, I would be sad. But if you're really unhappy with the course, just email me within 10 days to get a full refund.
I still have a question, how can I contact you?
I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.